Girls Gone By Publishers (GGBP) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy so that you can shop with confidence on our website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site you are consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, provide feedback on our services, search for a product and place an order on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. We do not collect credit card details via this site or in any other way.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any orders entered into between you and GGBP, to get your feedback on what you thought of the service and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; this information may be sent to you via our regular postal newsletter (with a book you have ordered), our catalogue or online newsletter.
Disclosure of your information
We will never share your personal details with any third party organisation for any purpose whatsoever.
When we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets..
• If GGBP are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
To enable third parties to process information and provide services on our behalf to facilitate the activities described in Uses Made of the Information above. We carefully select our third party relationships and will ensure appropriate safeguards are put in place to protect your information, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GGBP, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
If you have ordered forthcoming book(s), your data will be stored on our two computers for a period of five years from when you last placed an order.
All content on this site including text, graphics, logos, images, and software is the property of GGBP and is protected by the UK & International copyright laws.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology by PayPal. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to register and access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain un-ticked boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us in writing or via email at the address set out in the Contact Us section of this website.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating the information
Provided that you inform us of any changes, the information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
Your continued use of our site after any modification to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such modification.
This Policy was last updated on 9th May 2014.
Last Updated: 5 September 2013
What is a cookie?
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.